Friday, July 6, 2012

Happy 4th of July!




We woke up early this 4th of July to get ready for our first 5K together...me and both boys.  Alan made plans to swim and bike the Half Iron Man course in Augusta with his friends and so I decided that I'd take Sam and Patrick to the Bare Bones 5K at the Canal while Daddy was away.  

We didn't win any medals, that's for sure.  Pushing the boys in the double jogger is quite a workout for me...even when I'm not running in a race. This is a picture from a couple of months ago, not from race day.  It the only picture I have of the double jogger right now :)



Anyway, I had a great workout, Patrick had a great nap, and Sam kept our conversation going the whole time.  I thought I'd be able to listen to my iPod during the run, but I kept turning it off to answer Sam's questions so I just gave up and turned it off after 2 songs.  Sam got out and tried to run part of the race, but he got a little bashful and ended up getting back in the stroller after about 5 minutes.  

After the race, we went to the park and that's where the boys really had fun :)


 This was the first time I put Patrick in the swings at the park.  Love that smile...






After our hard morning workouts and the park, all four of us crashed for nap time.  It was such a blessing that both the boys fell asleep at the same time (it doesn't always work out that way).  Alan and I probably needed nap time more than they did :)

After naps, we headed to my parents for dinner and then to Dairy Queen for dessert...yummy.  We watched the Washington, D.C. fireworks from the Capitol on TV when we got home.  We were satisfied with the televised version this year :)
It was a great Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing Samuel Grady Rogers