Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sam's First 5K



It was a cool morning with beautiful blue skies--the perfect morning for a run. Thankfully, I had pre-registered for the Heart and Sole 5K the night before the race because I was running late for the race (are you surprised?). I couldn't find my exercise partner at the beginning of the race so we just went straight to the back with all the other baby joggers and started out with a jog. About 5 minutes into the race, I hear someone call out my name---thinking it was my friend Michelle who I was supposed to meet at the start of the race---I turned to find Farrior, my dear Phi Mu little sister from Mercer. Donning a pretty pink hat, she was running in her first 5K race! Later during the race, Farrior and Tabitha (another sorority sister that I haven't seen in years) jogged past me and I didn't get to see them again until the finish line. They drove all the way from Macon to run in honor of their friend who put on the race to benefit the MCG's Children's Medical Center Heart Program in Augusta. What a fun surprise it was to bump into them!

I think Sam enjoyed watching all the people, but sometimes it's hard to tell when he's in the baby jogger. He gets an uninterested look on his face when I strap him in. He doesn't cry, though, so I guess he's okay with it. I was a little worried about taking him because the race fell right at his usual nap-time, but he was a trouper and stayed awake during the whole experience only to crash as soon as I put him in the car to go home. Doesn't he look tired? Do you see the look of boredom in his eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing Samuel Grady Rogers