Thursday, March 18, 2010

Eight Months Old



Where has all the time gone? I can hardly believe Sam is 8 months old already. He's quickly stretching out his footed outfits and onesies, many of his pants look like long shorts, and his long-sleeved shirts only reach his forearm. So, it's time to bring out the next size already. I never imagined that a son of ours would be so long! Alan and I aren't exactly the tallest people in the world. Sam wears 12 - 18 month clothes already! Maybe the manufacturers of baby clothes exaggerate their sizes to make parents feel good? What do you think?

At this point, many of my friends who have babies that are about Sam's age are all buzzing about how their little ones are rolling over and crawling by now--not Sam, though. Honestly, I'm not trying to rush it because I love that I can put him down on the blanket and let him play without worrying that he is going to go anywhere. Sam's tolerance of tummy time is improving so I know he's making progress towards crawling, but he's just not that intersted in going anywhere. We haven't exactly baby-proofed our house yet :)

Sam loves to sit up, jump in his jumper (or in your lap!), stand up while holding on to something, and play with anything he can get his hands on. He loves to put things in his mouth, but we still don't see any signs of teeth yet. He likes to be heard at times. Sometimes he even gets so loud that we have to leave the room if we want to carry on a conversation on the telephone. Baby babble, spitting motor sounds, and loud high pitched squeals are some of the fun sounds that he makes.

"He's clapping! He's clapping!", were the words mom exclaimed into my phone yesterday as I was grocery shopping. She then sent the picture below; I love that you can send pictures via cell phones! It made me feel a little better about not being there the first time he clapped.



It may seem silly that we are making a big fuss about clapping--is it considered a milestone? Probably not, but we've been trying to teach him to clap for at least a month now. Here is some video of Sam's new skill. I took it last night right before bedtime.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, I can't believe how much bigger he is than when I last saw him. He is such a big boy and so adorable. Clapping is absolutely a milestone! And he looks pretty good at it. Give him a good squeeze for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I know we just saw him, but he looks like such a BIG BOY sitting in that tub! He is just so sweet. You might think about baby proofing now...it's harder to do once they are mobile, and I'm sure that's right around the corner. And yes, clapping definitely counts as a milestone. It's right up there with blowing kisses on my 9-mo old checklist. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Introducing Samuel Grady Rogers