Saturday, June 30, 2012

Baby Patrick is Born!


On October 12th our second son, Patrick Alan Rogers, was finally born. We waited an extra week for his arrival. I went into labor the night before our scheduled induction, so I was glad that we were able to deliver Patrick without the induction. He came all on his own and in his own time. Patrick was born at 3:04 pm on October 12th, 2011 at University Hospital. He was 7 pounds and 10 ounces and 22 inches long--with a full head of hair!  

You may notice that today's date is June 30th.  Our sweet baby Patrick is now over 8 months old!  To say the adjustment from one child to two children has rocked my world is an understatement.  First, I feel that I need to apologize to my sweet baby Patrick for the fact that 8 months have flown by and I am just now getting around to catching up the blog.  I feel that time was going by quickly when we had Sam--but now time is going by even faster with two little boys to love.  


I love my growing family.  The addition of sweet Patrick has been such a blessing to us all.  Sam loves his baby brother so much...  and "that makes me happy" (as Sam would say).   Maybe I can try to record some our sweet family moments with the blog.  I hope to do better in the future than I have the past year!


Here are a few of my favorite photos from the last couple of weeks.  

I took this picture in the hotel on our trip to Minnesota a couple of weeks ago.  Sleeping babies are just so precious...especially all snuggled up with each other.





Here is a recent picture of Patrick.  Mom took this while she was watching him a couple of days ago.  



 I love how Sam is leaning on his Daddy and they are reading together.  
This is a beautiful sight to my librarian eyes :)



Here is a picture that we took after Sam got his "summer" hair cut.  He kept telling us that he wanted a hair cut like Daddy's.  Hahaha...this is as close as we could get.  The next day, Sam woke up, pointed to his hair, then pointed to Alan's hair, and said, " Look, Daddy, we match!!!" 
He sure loves his Daddy.





1 comment:

  1. So sweet to see these family moments. How DO you get your boys to sleep in a hotel? I think that and the pic of Alan and Sam reading are my favorites. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Introducing Samuel Grady Rogers