Wednesday, February 18, 2015

A good Daddy...

Yesterday, I Sam and I went for a "run"...which really means we go down the street and he sprints, walks, skips, bunny hops, runs and what ever else he fells the urge to do :)  I'm trying to teach him to pace himself.  He's not interested in jogging unless he can run fast.  Anyway, I have found that when we go out for these little excursions, Sam is more open in conversation and tells me things that he normally wouldn't think to tell me.  

As we are walking, a lady in our neighborhood passes us and says, "oh what a cute little girl!"--about George who is bundled up in the stroller.

She passes by and a minute later this is what Sam says:

Sam:  Mommy, we are an all boy family!  There's only one girl in our family and that's you.

Me:  Yes, Sam.

Sam:  I have a good Mommy and Daddy.  Mommy, you picked a good Daddy to marry!

... and that was the sentence that made me smile.  I wanted to be sure to put this one in writing, so someday when Sam may not feel the same way, I can remind him how he felt when he was a wise 5 year old. He so right...I picked a good Daddy and I'm so thankful for that.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing Samuel Grady Rogers