Tuesday, June 3, 2014

End of the School Year Thoughts

     This has been a really busy school year, I think back and can't believe how much has happened in the past year.

     We were blessed with the birth of sweet George.  His first year of life is going by so quickly!  Sometimes I just want to sit in one spot and hold him and look at his sweet face to savor the memory.  With each milestone, I almost feel a sense of sadness as he grows so quickly and I realize he is (most likely) our last baby.  There is just nothing as sweet as those sweet baby sounds and soft baby skin.  He is a happy baby boy!  I could just sit and cuddle with him for hours...if I only had the time.


     Patrick has grown and changed so much in the last year.  I was amazed when I found a list that I created just one year ago of the words that Patrick was saying.  It was just last summer that I was worried that Patrick was going to need speech therapy because he wasn't talking much.  Now, he talks in complete sentences and shares his thoughts constantly during his waking hours!  I love hearing what is on his mind.  He has such sweet manners, saying "please", "Thank you, mommy", and "God Bless You" when I sneeze.  He tells us what he likes and what he doesn't like.  I think he is the most decisive person in our family!  He sings and dances and is so full of life.  His smile brightens the room every time.



     Sam finished his first year of school.  He had a great experience in Pre-K! The picture below is Sam with his Pre-K Teacher, Mrs. Whitcomb.  Although, he admits that his favorite part of the school day was PE and recess, I can't believe how much he learned this year.  He loves sports of all kinds:  soccer, basketball, baseball, football, golf, tennis, swimming, hockey, and even archery.  His after school activities have kept us extra busy this year!


     Alan and I are trying to keep up each day...the daily chores, full-time jobs, and parenting consume us.   We are always relieved when my summer break comes around.  A time when we can relax a little more and catch up on some of the chores that get pushed aside during the busy school year.  Life is full!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing Samuel Grady Rogers