Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy Birthday, Papa!


Dear Papa,
Yesterday was your birthday and I wanted to tell you why I feel so lucky that you are my Papa.

Thank you for being my Papa. Thank you for gently and carefully changing my diapers. You always take your time with me. Thank you for rocking me to sleep at night. Thank you for reading books to me like I really understand them. I'm only 4 1/2 months old and I've already learned about the American Indians and George Washington because of you! I love to watch you eat---it's like magic. Where does the food go when you put it in your mouth? I love it when you talk. Your voice always catches my attention even if there are other people talking in the room and even if I'm eating at mom's cafe. I almost always look to find you when I hear you walk into the room. I also appreciate that you take care of my hair and nails and make sure I'm always well-groomed. Thank you for making my room such a comfortable and cozy place to be. Thank you for taking me to football games, shopping trips, the beach, and for walks. I love it when you put me in that Baby Bjorn and I can go everywere you go and see everything you see. I can tell that you love me and that makes me happy.

I'm so glad you were born so that you could be my Papa. I love you!

Sam

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet letter from such a sweet little boy! I hope Papa enjoyed his birthday. I know you are planning for Sam to have a full ride to the Ivies, but I had no idea he was already learning early American history. We have some catching up to do over here. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! New posts! Love all the updates and pictures. Adorable picture of my sweet Godson, and I must say that is a very stylish hat he has on!

    ReplyDelete

Introducing Samuel Grady Rogers